Wedding Day Checklist: Planning a Valentine's Day Wedding
For people who consider themselves true romantics, there may be no better day to get married than Valentine's Day.
Planning a wedding around Valentine's Day allows for a lot of creativity. All you need is imagination and a carefully constructed budget.
Here are some ideas and ways your perfect day can have a true Valentine's feel:
Create a red and white color scheme. This can start with the bridesmaid's dresses and groomsmen's outfits. Perhaps the bride can wear red shoes with her white gown.
The red and white scheme can also translate to other items in the wedding. How about red and white place settings? Have Valentine's Day candy hearts available at each table at the reception. Talk to your food provider about something sweet and creative, like red velvet cupcakes with white crème frosting. Think about those wedding invitations. Craft wedding invitations that are red and white and shaped like hearts.
Talk to your band or DJ about any Valentine's Day-themed music you want performed at the wedding. Maybe plan a dance just for the married couples in attendance. Contact your florist about creating Valentine's Day bouquets for the tables. Perhaps feature red, pink and white flowers.
Give your favors bags a touch of romance. The bag can be a Valentine color of red. Include things like red candies or mini-boxes of chocolates.
If you are thinking about planning a Valentine's Day wedding, plan in advance, as far in advance as possible. Valentine's Day is one of the busiest days of the year for restaurants and banquet facilities.
- An Unplugged Wedding
- Attending a Wedding on a Budget
- Bridal Beauty Tips for the Wedding Day
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Spring Wedding Themes
- Choosing Your Wedding Music
- Delivering a Best Man's Speech
- Don't Break Your Wedding Budget
- Don't Wait to Book a Winter Wedding
- Do You Need a Groom's Suite?
- Eight Tips for Adding Décor to a Wedding Hall
- Etiquette for Wedding Facilities
- Finding a Wedding Venue
- Five Tips for Planning a Winter Wedding in Connecticut
- Five Tips for Working with a Wedding Photographer
- Great Taste Makes a Great Wedding
- How to Choose a Wedding Reception Location
- How to Make the Most Out of a Bridal Suite
- Is a Buffet or Plated Menu Better for My Wedding?
- Making a Guest List
- Planning a Rehearsal Dinner
- Planning a Spring Wedding
- Planning a Valentine's Day Wedding
- Planning an Eco-friendly Wedding
- Preparing for an Outdoor Wedding Ceremony
- Qualities to Look for in a Wedding Facility
- Saving Money on Attending Multiple Weddings
- Saving On Your Wedding Flowers
- Setting Up a Wedding Registry
- Questions to Ask a Wedding Planner
- Selecting a Reception Hall
- Three Tips for Selecting a Wedding Facility
- Tips on Getting Wedding Venue Deals
- Wedding Day Checklist for Brides
- Wedding Day Checklist for Grooms
- Wedding Food Leftovers
- What About The Wedding Cake?
- What Makes a Great Wedding Hall?