Wedding Day Checklist: Saving Money on Attending Multiple Weddings
Once the weather gets warmer, the spring wedding season begins to heat up. Some of you may find yourselves getting invitations to a few weddings. That's not always easy. Let's face it. Attending a wedding is usually expensive. You don't want to offend friends or family by deciding to attend one wedding and not another.
Economics play a part in many of our decision. Weddings are no different. This means it's time to budget.
You can likely afford to go to a few weddings in one year, if you spending wisely and plan ahead.
Determine a Budget
Sometimes this is easier said than done. It's understandable. Sit down and make a list of all your anticipated wedding-related items and events. It might be a good idea to make a spread sheet. Include everything you can think of. This means travel, food and gifts costs. Be realistic with your cost for each item. This will help you gain a good understanding on what everything will cost.
Start Saving Now
The earlier you start saving, the more money you'll have put aside to use for wedding-related expenses. Calculate how much you need to save each week and each month. Save what you can and be honest with yourself about what you can afford.
Time to check out the wedding registry. If you feel comfortable, reach out to another guest(s) about maybe splitting the price of one of the most expensive items.
Check the usual discount travel websites for deals on things like airfare and hotel costs.
- An Unplugged Wedding
- Attending a Wedding on a Budget
- Bridal Beauty Tips for the Wedding Day
- Choosing a Wedding Photographer
- Choosing Spring Wedding Themes
- Choosing Your Wedding Music
- Delivering a Best Man's Speech
- Don't Break Your Wedding Budget
- Don't Wait to Book a Winter Wedding
- Do You Need a Groom's Suite?
- Eight Tips for Adding Décor to a Wedding Hall
- Etiquette for Wedding Facilities
- Finding a Wedding Venue
- Five Tips for Planning a Winter Wedding in Connecticut
- Five Tips for Working with a Wedding Photographer
- Great Taste Makes a Great Wedding
- How to Choose a Wedding Reception Location
- How to Make the Most Out of a Bridal Suite
- Is a Buffet or Plated Menu Better for My Wedding?
- Making a Guest List
- Planning a Rehearsal Dinner
- Planning a Spring Wedding
- Planning a Valentine's Day Wedding
- Planning an Eco-friendly Wedding
- Preparing for an Outdoor Wedding Ceremony
- Qualities to Look for in a Wedding Facility
- Saving Money on Attending Multiple Weddings
- Saving On Your Wedding Flowers
- Setting Up a Wedding Registry
- Questions to Ask a Wedding Planner
- Selecting a Reception Hall
- Three Tips for Selecting a Wedding Facility
- Tips on Getting Wedding Venue Deals
- Wedding Day Checklist for Brides
- Wedding Day Checklist for Grooms
- Wedding Food Leftovers
- What About The Wedding Cake?
- What Makes a Great Wedding Hall?